Re Elect John Keating for Frisco City Council Place 1
I’ve served on Frisco City Council in the great State of Texas since 2010, and have been an integral part of some of the city’s largest projects, including the Dallas Cowboys partnership, closing Exide’s battery plant, opening three new Frisco fire stations, helped renew the NCAA Division 1 Football Championship contract at FC Dallas, and voted in favor of the Frisco Homestead Exemption, bringing relief to the hard-working Frisco taxpayer.
My goal is to maintain Frisco’s high level of amenities and low tax rates. I will continue to balance our priorities, so Frisco remains an award-winning city, attractive to residents, employers, and visitors alike.
We have lived in Frisco, Texas since 1999, and my wife Leslie and I will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in April. We are very proud of our two sons, Zach (23) and Ryan (20). Zach is a graduate from the University of Arkansas, and Ryan is a Sophomore at the University of Oklahoma.
I am a graduate of the Senior Executives in State and Local Government Program, July 2019, John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, Executive Education.
I was awarded US Congressman Sam Johnson’s 2017 “Congressional Veteran Commendation” for continuing to serve my country by serving my community; received the 2016 PepsiCo Frito-Lay “Valor Leadership Award” for my work with various Veteran organizations; and was recognized by the Frisco ISD PTA with the 2010 “Texas Congress of Parents and Teachers Honorary Lifetime Membership Award” for my fundraising work on behalf of teachers and students.
I am a 13-year veteran of the US Army, where I served as a senior counterintelligence agent. I deployed during Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm, and also served on a variety of special access programs, including cover support and non-traditional support to the Special Operations Task Force (DELTA).
I earned a Bachelor of Science Degree from Towson University in Maryland and an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Criminal Justice from Central Texas College in Killeen, Texas. I am also a Graduate of the US Army Advanced Foreign Counterintelligence Training Course.
Elected to Frisco City Council: 2017 (Previously Place 4, 2010 – 2016)
Term Expires: 2021
Frisco Resident Since: May 1999
Occupation: Frisco Volunteer
Family: Married since April 1996 to Leslie; two sons – Zach & Ryan
On The Issues
- Keep our property tax rate one of the lowest in the region
- Preserve our quality of life with green space, parks, and unique community features
- Continue to recruit and employ the best municipal staff in the nation
- Provide our public safety departments with the tools and planning they need to keep Frisco’s residents and visitors safe
- Reduce traffic congestion and minimize tolling while avoiding participation in DART or other wasteful public transit programs
- Help Frisco remain an appealing destination for residents of all ages
- Remain a business-friendly community, one that supports the free market, healthy competition and job creation
“As a long time champion of tax relief, I voted for the Homestead Exemption, reducing the burden on the hard-working Frisco taxpayer!”
- April 19 Early Voting 8am-5pm – Click Here for more information
- Election Day Watch Party May 1 7:30pm-10pm at “Dos Amigos” 2552 Stonebrook Pkwy, Frisco, TX 75034